Wednesday, May 24

Double Win at Kames


Well the weekend almost went without incident! First thing on Saturday morning after taking the car off the trailer and getting everything ready, I started the car to make sure everything was OK. Having popped my head under the bonnet I was confronted with an alternator which was banging against the chassis leg.

With 30 mins to first practise, it was time to work out how to repair an alloy alternator bracket which had halved in two, with no spare - with some brute force and a big bolt we managed to cobble a temporary fix together.

Enough of the problems! - the Saturday went as planned with success in a class win, however the track never got enough heat in it to beat the class record. Achieving a respectable 84.14 secs as the best time of the day (class record for A2 - anti-clockwise is 83.85 secs).

Sunday went the same way with a class win coming my way, again the lack of sun and onslaughter of rain put a halt on any class records being broken. At least the car came back in one piece andwith two 1st place trophies in the bag it was an enjoyable weekend.

Next stop Golspie for another sprint, keep an eye on how I perform at www.reidracing.co.uk

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see some things never change

9:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see some things never change

9:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home